Was "Killer Octave Question" now OT

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:58:07 -0400

List - or what's left of the active participants,

Below is a good example of a technique that is used to poke fun at and
take advantage of an opponent in a debate. If you can get away with it
and no one calls you on it you can make your opponent look foolish. The
Absolute or Perfect Tactic. When your opponent makes a statement all you
have to do is ask him is if what he said was absolutely achievable,
true, valid or what ever. If he says yes all you have to do is ask him
to prove it. He can't so your opponent looks bad. If he says no I don't
do it perfectly you win also because if it can't be done to a high
standard then what's the point of doing it at all? There is no defense
for it even if he says nothing you win.

How many people are left on this list interested in answering questions
like this? Not many I would think. Do we have a winner yet? Who cares?