new names

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:00:55 EDT

I just got my copy of the new Ancott book. I can't believe how many names I
have never heard of. Most are Chinese, but there are some from Europe. These
are the ones I have never heard of, or names I didn't know were being made
again*.

*A.B. Chase
Behning
Behemia
Breitman
Carl Ebel
*Conn
*Conover Cable
*Ellington
*Everett, now made in China
Haessler
*Henry F. Miller
*Hobart M. Cable
Irmler
Perzina
Ridgewood
Ritmuller
Sangler & Sohne
Sejung
*Suzuki
Wilh. Steinberg
Wyman

At the Florida State Conference, we got to hear a Steingraeber & Sohne grand.
A lot of us were not very impressed, especially considering the price tag. A
5'6" was listed as an MSRP at $62,000, discounted to $48,500.

Wim