Why is it that...?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:07:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/03 2:02:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> "22.  Wurlitzer came up with the idea of the ever fashionable naugahide
> cases?"
>
> I tuned one of these today. I've tuned it a few times now. At first when I
> heard of these I though you piano folks were joking around. Then when I
> first saw this one I figured someone covered the piano with vinyl. Then
> after looking more closely, I finally realized it was original. Gold
> Naugahide and other exposed wood painted black. Awesome (kinda).

I've seen a bunch of these.  One of the better features of them is that you
can put your drink on them without fear of damage to the finish.  On the
other hand, any damage to the finish might be viewed as an improvement.

Along similar lines, one might wonder about the use of "Zolotone"(sp?) as a
case material.

Dave Stahl