Broadwood barless grand

Cy Shuster cy.shuster@theshusters.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:44:20 -0500

Next dumb question: why the capo d'astro bar in the first place?
Specifically, why does the string deflection angle have to be so steep at
the front termination of the speaking length, while the deflection angle at
the hitch pin end is not?

Maybe I have this all wrong: I'm assuming "barless" refers to the capo
d'astro, and perhaps it just means no struts above the plate?  The bigger
question is, why was the barless design abandoned?

Thanks for your patience with an associate...

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN