Broadwood's demise

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:41:14 -0400

Ah, yes...  but it's still Broadwood.  I know how I would feel if Steinway
(with all of its faults) were to close its doors.  These manufacturers are
more than businesses.  They are national symbols.  Personally, I think the
British people/government/monarchy should find some way to keep Broadwood
alive, if only out of national pride.  It's not as though it is an enormous
industry -- scarcely over a couple dozen employees and a L1 million debt.

If you're concerned and would like to leave a message in the British
monarchy's guestbook, here is the URL:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page225.asp

Peace,
Sarah