"Tuned" Pitch Drop

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:30:19

Hi Ron,

Want to back up your "calculated odds" with some reference material? Or are
you just speaking "poetically".

Terry, if these "unisons" were bichord plain steel wire, I'd look at the
hitch pins. How is the "friction" element on this instrument? Any chance
the strings got hung up between the pin and the Agraffe on the last tuning?

Perhaps some helpful person pressed on the "sharp" string with a finger to
try to clear the unison?