Weaver lost motion

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:49:50 -0400

John,

Since the Weaver piano was manufactured in York, PA, and I live about 25
miles away, I get to service several of these.  If you look closely, you
will see that there is a pivot point between the two screws that attach the
rocker arm to the key.  These screws are used to take up lost motion.

To decrease lost motion, loosen the screw farthest from you and tighten the
one closest to you by an equal amount.  That will raise the "business end"
of the rocker arm.  Keep working at it until you get it where you want it to
be.  Be a little gentle; you don't want to break any more of them, even if
you don't consider the piano worth salvaging.  (How did one of these babies
make it all the way to SD?!  <G>)

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT