Key Black

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:02:34 -0500

Yes, black shoe leather dye is very good, 2 or 3 applications, and
then a finish of French Polish, 4 applications, let dry between each,
then final rub down with 0000 steel wool.  There is an application
trick with the french polish though.  Soft cotton cloth, apply to the
sharps in a pendulum swing motion. Don't start by pressing down on
the wood and then moving, and DON'T stop at any point in the swing
until you are off the wood.  You will leave a mark, GRRRRRR.
They can be beautiful.
Regards, Gordon Holley