Even balance weight or even something else, that's thequestion.

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:50:56 -0400

Phil,

Thank so much for taking the time to explain the
basics of inertia to me. I have a good grasp of
static action properties but have been at a loss
with this topic. I will save your post and study
it at length. We seem to do a lot of complaining
about the evils of action inertia with out knowing
how it really works. I have felt that going to
great effort to calibrate the static balance of
actions without putting just as much effort into
its dynamic balance is short sighted. What you
have mapped out seems to show that there is yet a
great uncharted continent of action mechanics to
explore.

John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin