depressed lead

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:37:41 -0600

imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Lwellerrpt@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 11:37 PM
  Subject: Re: depressed lead

  Joe-

  How are the jack springs?  If the action worked once, why would you =
change the leads now? =20

  Lisa

  In a message dated 4/22/2003 10:29:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =
imatunr@srvinet.com writes:

    Hi all,
    Kimball compressed action circa 1980
    Keys depress down when action is removed,
    dimples in the wippen heel cloth,
    slow key return.
    All action centers well lubed and free
    Steamed, ironed dry and applied teflon powder.
    Still a few uncooperative citizens.
    Two questions=20
    1. is it normal to have the keys smartly salute in reverse.
    2. is it best to remove lead from the key stick ( oh yes all the =
lead is to the front end of the key stick between the front pins and =
balance rail )  or should I add some jiffy leads.

    Joe Goss
    imatunr@srvinet.com
    www.mothergoosetools.com