Why the Whippen ?

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:30:03 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C309AD.35C60D30
What repetition device?

I like the simplicity of this and the ability to adjust at least some of the
action with the action still in the piano.

I assume the hammer shaft has a center pin in the device at top right ... ?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Richard Brekne
  Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 1:43 PM
  To: PTG
  Subject: Why the Whippen ?

  I ran into the following picture following a link supplied by Calin in his
last post of just a few minutes ago. And I couldnt help but think as I was
looking at this, that it probably wouldnt be all that difficult to
strengthen and improve the repetition device on this without really changing
the basic design of the action. So I got to thinking....why NOT a two lever
system... ??

  --
  Richard Brekne
  RPT, N.P.T.F.