Shark PreFiling

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:56:41 -0400

tune4u@earthlink.net wrote:
> The Ronsen Company order sheet has an item "Hammerheads Prefiled."
>
> Does this refer to felt removal or tapering grand heads to avoid collisions
> and/or reduce mass?
>
> Wish I didn't have to sign such an ignorant question but I will ...
>
> Alan Barnard
> Salem, MO
>
> Like the teacher said: "There is no such thing as a stupid question. There
> are, however, stupid people"

Alan,

I think it means the shaping of the felt. Probably
just enough top make them look good, not enough to
reduce the weight.

Check with Ray at Ronsen but I don't think they
offer side tapering.

John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin