Petrof Sticking Keys

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:14:48 +0200

Tom Driscoll wrote:

> >         Sounds like the Wilt Chamberlain of Petrof techs!
> >         Tom Driscoll
>
> I'd like to think that such a glamorous sports analogy was appropriate,
> but unfortunatly its more like being a seagull trapped in one of those
> oil
> spills. Doing all you can to keep your head above the muck :) We are
> about 500 registered techs all told in the far north, and we all share
> the
> same sea as it were. Nothing unusual... thats just part what we work with
>
> here.

RicB

> Richard,
>         My last two pianos were a five year old Chinese studio---not
> tuned since delivery, and a 20 year old ,heavily played Kimball console
> that sounded like two skeletons "cavorting" on a tin roof. (I cleaned
> that one up from its phrase of origin)

You have my sympathies :)

>         Those Petrofs look pretty good from here!
>         Best wishes from your colleague across the sea,
>        Tom Driscoll RPT

Ya know what Tom... When I first moved here the very first piano I ran into
was a Petrof. "Golly! ", I thought to myself, "I've come to piano heaven...
THIS is a PIANO !! "... but then I'd been << raised >> on Story and Clark,
Kimballs, Wullys, Acrosonics, and a host of other such names.... almost all
of them drop actions.  So I understand your perspective better then you may
think.

For us over here, these are amoung the best of the very low end
instruments. But in all honesty I simply cannot force myself to rate them
any higher then that. They COULD be so much more.... if they would just
bother to pay a bit more attention to detail. If I've said it once I've
said it a hundred times... combine Yamaha precision with the Petrof sound
and you'd have a piano to threaten the foundations of selv Steinway.

But then... grin... what do I know ?

Cheers

RicB
--