Stringing question , another angle

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:01:53 -0500

>I'm curious as to whether anyone has tried winding the coil on A0 with the
>pin in the block. Would it stress the agraffe too much? Also, I've never
>seen the list so quiet.I'm wondering if my mailbox has a problem. Thanks all.
>
>Phil Frankenberg

It won't hurt the agraffe, but it's difficult to determine final height at
tension unless you start with the pin so high it makes it more difficult to
wind the coil. I always did better cutting the string to length, then
taking the loop off of the hitch to get enough slack up front to wind the
coil with my crank, putting the loop back on the hitch, and driving in the
pin. It doesn't qualify as fun any way I've ever done it, but some ways are
less painful than others.

Ron N