OT Re: MS takes Linux for a Test Drive

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Sat, 02 Aug 2003 02:07:08 -0500

Keith Roberts wrote:

>They are not Piano informational. I think Duane must own stock in Linux. I
>don't find anything informational about it, just blatant advertising.
>I object!
>Keith Roberts

I don't own any stock in Linux because there isn't any. Secondly, after
being laid-off three years ago and before I got started into the piano
tech field, I had to cope with Windows XX and try to find everything I
needed for FREE for Windows because I had NO money to buy anything.
After months and months of searching the internet, there were very few
packages that I could find for free until I stumbled onto Linux. And,
yes, Linux is not as easy as Windows but when you make up your mind that
you are getting tired of MS's treadmill of PAYING for upgrades and
rebuying all your products because MS forces you to do it, Linux becomes
easier to deal with. Six years ago, I started with Mandrake's packaging
of Linux, which seems to be the easiest for the home desktop. They
provide you with everything you need. And, yes, you can call it
advertising if you want but I call it being smart and stop paying over
and over for what you can get and upgrade for free.

<ad>
Based on emails that are not forwarded to the group, US is about the
country that is not embrassing Linux on a wide scale. Case in point, the
govenment of Munich (Germany) recently dropped Windows and adopted Linux
for 400,000 desktops and servers.
</ad>