Thick of it!

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 08:59:04 -0500

That's the plan, but not so extensive as to include new pins, etc. This
is a "make it look decent and work okay I'm on a tight budget job" not a
"let's restore it like new" job. <G>

The felt will be all new. That's why I originally questioned the height
thing since I'll be leveling from scratch anyhow. Forgot about the
sharps still being at their original height. Big lazy "Duh" on me!

Thanks, y'all, for keeping me on track.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Donald Lemoine
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 8:50 AM
To: Pianotech
Cc: Donspiano@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Thick of it!

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 08:38 PM, Alan wrote:

Got a rush job to put plastic tops where there once was ivory in an
vintage upright ... If I'm going to rebed and level all the keys with
new felts anyway, is it really, reeeeeally necessary to take the tops
down to make up for the difference in the thickness of the plastic vs.
ivory? Answer No,

(Was that a run-on sentence, or what? Sorry, Mrs. Z.)

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

While you have the keys, why not put new front and balance bushings in
at the same time, clean capstans & Keys, reface the blacks. If need be,
I normally do it all at the same time, Someone will if you don't , How
about the Key frame? New pins, ECT,

Just a passing thought,

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.