S&S Square Grand

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:29:08 EDT

joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> Egads! You guys are giving me palpatations with your ideas about Square
> Grands! Please!? Do not change those screws that hold the action in. They
> are mated so that the action is "locked" into it's proper position! If you
> change the screws, the likelihood is you will change the action alignment in
> the cavity. As the action alignment is extremely critical on these
> pianos!!!!!

Joe,

That's what I was pointing out.  The actions don't lock into the correct
position as easily as modern grands.  When I removed the one that I worked on, I
didn't realize this, but when I go back, I'll make tiny alignment markings so
that it won't be a problem in the future.

Thanks for being such a good resource for the instruments,

Dave Stahl

 If you don't know how to do something on them, PLEASE feel free