Emailing: 03SEAR

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:58:41 EDT

Well, this would be a bit interesting. For those of you who are not aware,
the Winter Gardens in NYC was recently reopened after being damaged during the
9/11 attack. I was fortunate enough to be the technician on hand for the
rededication concert on Nov. 6, 2002.
That being said, the Winter Garden is an echo chamber beyond description.
With one piano playing it was hard to distinguish when a note started vs. when it
ended. After a while the sound is nothing more than a mix/blend of disjointed
sounds. I can't imagine why he would choose such a location for such a
collection of nice pianos. Seriously, I doubt anyone could thoroughly enjoy the fine
nuances of Faziolli, let along 21 Faziolli's in that setting. A collection of
Asian imports would do just a well. Sounds like this is more a publicity
stunt  for his dealership than a true musical moment!
Tom Servinsky