OT RE: metaphysical tuning forks?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:39:09 -0500

>I had an orthopedic surgeon proudly presenting his military issue weighted
>tuning fork check the A440 of his piano that I just tuned.  The fork was
>flat by about 6 beats.  I never saw him again.  Hmmmmm!
>
>PaulC

That was probably a $1000 fork too. Mine are about that good.

128 = 125.93
256 = 255.63
512 = 508.13
1024 = 1028.98
2048 = 2048.25

I guess the military isn't interested in absolute pitch perception. Or
maybe it's an OCS qualification tool to see if the applicant can detect any
correlation between fork size and pitch.

More likely just a standard quality mill run from the high bidder.

Ron N