Handsome Old Timer Needs Bridgework

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:57:47 -0700

"Hi Joe,
Inquiring minds want to know! Who is the Canadian string maker skilled in
converting steel wound bass strings to copper?
Thanks,
Owen (Canada)"

Owen,
Hmmmm? Perhaps I should explain. I am the one that does the calculations for
"converting steel wound bass strings to copper.."! I send ONE piece of
paper, with all of the necessary data, to Walter Schienke of J.D. Grandt, in
Canada! He is most capable in being able to make the strings, as specified,
without trying to out-think my computations or deem that he is
smarter/wiser. OR, to convert the calculations to some other form of
mathematics. OR, to simply disregard the "specs sheet" and use a "Scale
Stick". OR......, (pick some other horror story).
I should, also, give credit to Ari Isaac, for being able to make good
strings from my "spec. sheet".
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Squares Are I