Teflon Bushings, (S&S)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 05:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

I'm no expert on this. But I've replaced 2 Steinway
Teflon (TM) actions, and it is my understanding that
the problem is in the compression set of the action
part wood around the bushing, not the bushing itself.
     So, maybe it WAS a good idea. Just not adequately
developed.
     Which begs the question: Anyone tried soaking
action part wood in some thin resin or something
swimilar, to make it impervious to humidity? How about
that stuff the paint store sells re-firm rotted wood?
It is quite thin and penetrating, supposedly.
     Thump