"Hands Off" Piano lock

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:13:27 -0700

Gordon,

I've run into this same problem - I guess the makers never thought
anyone would want to lock up an old upright.

But since they're the best piano lock around, I make sure that I have my
router with me so that I can mortise the underside of the keybed just
enough to allow the lock to fit. Before I do this again, I swear, I will
make a jig which I can clamp to the keybed to keep the router under control.

Tom Cole