Music Sorb product

James Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:37:11 -0400

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 09:52 AM, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> Wouldn't this be the same stuff I find in the bottom of most new Asian=20=

> pianos? =A0There is always a bag on the bottom board containing little=20=

> silica beads designed to keep the pianos from getting too humid during=20=

> shipping. =A0I'm assuming "Music Sorb" is probably the same material.
>
> Dave Stahl

By "the same stuff" if you mean it's a form of silica, yeah. But=20
exactly the same same? -- I doubt it but why don't you contact Taylor=20
(or read p. 40 of the recent Journal) and ask him for more details.=20
*Assuming* they're identical is like the parent who *assumes* Granny's=20=

last-tuned-50-years-ago upright is the perfect vehicle for little=20
Janey's musical aspirations ("And Granny told me she never paid more=20
than $12 for a tuning").
Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available