Pneumatic Soundboard Press

Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:45:12 -0700

It's not so much the acreage of the board, it's storing a full sized deck
when not in use.  My thought was to have a press that you slide the panel
through (or move the caul along) to get to the different positions.  The
size of the press need only be 5' (or whatever length you might need
determined by the longest rib) x 12" high (the combined thickness of the
lower beam which holds the curved caul and the upper beam which hold the
pneumatic hose  x however wide the beams are, say 4".  The lower beam could
be designed to accept various cauls that you simply slide in and out and
secure in some way depending on the radius you need.   It could be easily
set up on a flat surface when needed and stored without taking up too much
room.   At 15 - 20 minutes clamping time per rib, you could easily glue up
the board in a few hours.

Now is this what I am looking at in these pictures people are posting?   Or
am I seeing only the end view.  Or am I missing something important?

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net