Pneumatic Soundboard Press

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:47:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2003 6:57:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> Subj: Re: Pneumatic Soundboard Press
>  Date: 8/8/2003 6:57:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:davidlovepianos@earthlink.net">davidlovepianos@earthlink.net</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>           Hi David

                   I enjoy gluing up the ribs all at one time but it isn't
necessary as others have said. My press though is a multi purpose item. The
belly box made up of 2 by 6's and plywood, sits on a carriage on wheels which when
not in use has a flat and easily but heavy  removable top which becomes my
primary work surface for the other operations ie. panel thinning, bridgecap
layout  etc.when the press is not in use.
      The lower idler cauls (2" by 4' with the all thread thru them) remain
on this device hanging on a rails below the belly box with the all thread part
pointing upside down when not in use. The upper fire hose caul hangs from
hooks on the wall. Though the box is radiused to appox. a 45 ft radius(depending
on how long the rib is) but the fire hose cauls are all at 60 ft. There is
enough flex in the hoses to compensate for and conform to the slightly steeper
dish of the belly box compared to the 60ft. fire hose  cauls.
  The belly box is about 5 ft. at the wide end  and 2 1/2' at the other and
roughly seven ft. long It just  barely accomadates a 9 ft. board
  Just another version of same device as others but it functions basically as
sturdy bench 99% of the time ( or misc. tool collector?)
      Regards---Dal;e