Installing stage truck

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:07:12 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of pbmosley
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 8:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Installing stage truck

I have been a lurker on the list for years but never contributed. The
information is very thorough, but I did feel like I had something to add
on jacks.  I have a machinist that has helped me with the idea and have
a few of these jacks.  I have taken a Fulton screw jack, like you would
see on a boat trailer, cut the wheel off and put a plate on the bottom.
Then just take a small pipe and plate and weld to the top, put a chair
leg rubber end on it and it stays fine.   I think the overall height is
about 21".  It's been awhile, just make sure that your jack handle will
turn when it is under the piano.  It is the slickest thing I have ever
seen for this.  It just takes one jack and a couple of pieces of 2X4.
No lifting, no hassles, great for leg repair.  Stick it under the piano
and crank a couple of turns, it is all one piece and very easy to carry,
takes up almost no room in the truck, and lifts 2000 lbs.

Phil Mosley

worn out string puller

         Phil,

            Thanks for your contribution, but I'm having trouble
visualizing this setup.

            `Possible pictures to illustrate?

            Thanks,

            Tom Driscoll