More on soundboard crown

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:59:25

Hi Sarah,

Steam you say? How about 4% to 84%? Even under those extremes a complete
Damppchaser system *can* keep pitch within 2 cents on any note for 12 to 36
months (depending on the instrument)

I can see non wood soundboard assemblys with mason and hamelin screw
stringer technology that may result in a piano that needs very little service.

At 10:42 AM 8/14/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>
>Also, consider your market.  You Floridians live in steam.  Wouldn't it be
>great to have a soundboard that doesn't "care" about the humidity?  Think of
>pianos by the poolside.  Think of cruise ships!  ;-)  Consider the larger
>commercial potential.  A means for replicating wood's high frequency loss
>would certaintly be worthy of a patent, and the idea could be sold to the
>manufacturers.  We could kill the killer octave!  ;-)
>
>Seriously, would you be interested in such a thing????
>
>Peace,
>Sarah

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca