Ear plugs V.2

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:53:43 -0400

First, let me say this:

Diane, it's nice to see you return to this list. Please don't stay away so
long the next time.

I've been using disposable foams for a long time now. I admit It took me a
few pianos to get use to them, but now I don't go near a piano without
them..even if I'm just working on the action. I've gotten so use to using
them around the instrument that it's become as necessary a tool as the
tuning lever.

There was a comment made about tuning the top octave unisons without
them..well, I take one out(my not-so-good ear) to tune the top octave
unisons(need to protect the good ear, ya know!). These foams I use really
cut alot of db, so, for me, this works ok..not ideal, but it works ok. I
have contemplated getting custom plugs from an audiologist, but the cost for
us poorly insured is something that really needs to be planned..I know - I
know - it's my profession, but I'm happy with the foam and the amount of db
it cuts throughout the spectrum.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com