model 0 bridge

Jonno Clarke jonnotune@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:55:03 +0000

Hi group... so OK meanwhile back at the workshop I got the bass bridge off
the soundboard without too much trouble EXCEPT there WAS a blind screw
hidden by a rib !! I know someone warned me about this but pray tell me what
sort of moron would put on a bridge with a hidden screw that could not be
tightened EVER - or is this  what passes for normal at Steinway ? - I just
hope that this was the cause of the rattle/buzz - also I noticed that
whoever did the soundboard and bridge top coat finishing really just layered
it on - the runs on the underside of the bass bridge apron have to be seen
to be believed - again is this usual - Hamburg circa 1960's ? I never seen
it on older but this is the most modern that I've had to do this sort of
work on. Also any suggestions for what to glue the bridge back on with -
reversable or non reversable glue - what say you all ? Many thanks.

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess