Voluntary Product Endorsement (Somewhat Off Topic)

DCrpt@comcast.net DCrpt@comcast.net
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:39:52 +0000

      Hello list. I thought I would share with you some information about a
new music technology that I have become enthralled with.It is XM Sattelite
Radio.I have it in my car,I have it hooked to my home stereo,and I even have
it playing through my computer at this very moment.Reading all the posts from
the ptg list is very enjoyable when it is accompanied by good classical
music.Currently they are playing Hayden's Symphony No.102.This technology is
affordable and readily available.You can find the XM Radio website easily on
the net.You can get the PC Version for about $80.00 and then $10.00 a month.If
you get a system for your car,additional system subscriptions only add $6.50
to your monthly bill.
      There are over 100 stations rangeing from Rap and Hip Hop to Oldies from
the Big Band Era.Most stations are comercial free.The reception is allways
clear digital stereo sound.I have found only one or two dead spots in my
area,and they are so small I drive back into range within 30 seconds.
      I also enjoy their live concerts from their state of the art performance
studio.I have the pleasure of tuneing the Stienway B in the studio and then
hearing my tuning on the radio as I drive home.They have had Jazz greats like
Wynton Marsalis,Roy Hargrove,and Kenny Garret,as well as classical
performances.
       XM Radio originates in WAshington DC and the signal is heard across the
country.
      Thanks for your time,and I hope you check it out.     Robin Olson
RPT