Una corda in uprights

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:57:01 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "CalinTantareanu" <calin.tantareanu@mae.ro>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 19, 2003 11:35 PM
Subject: Re: Una corda in uprights

> My question still stands: Does anybody make uprights, nowadays, with una
> corda?
>

>  Calin Tantareanu

I taught a couple of classes in Sydney, Australia a couple of years back.
There was an exhibitor there showing a Japanese-built vertical piano
featuring a shifting una corda action. I don't remember the brand name or
the builder. In this piano the damper mechanism was split off and was
mounted to the case sides. Not the way I'd have done it but it did seem to
work reasonably well and shouldn't have added all that much to the cost of
the piano. The keyset and stack shifted per normal grand piano practice.

I do not know if the piano is still available. Perhaps some of our
Australian colleagues could comment?

Del