beckets

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:24:19 EDT

In a message dated 21/08/03 7:18:08 PM, bases-loaded@juno.com writes:

<< There are bigger fires.....

Mark Potter >>

Yep there always are "bigger" thingees.............but then some of the
largest fires start
with a careless toss of a cigarette butt or a single match... :-)
 In my opinon a good preep job on any piano that is new to me includes
addressing the coils, if not the beckets. Determining right up front that any
"unstability" of tuning is not gonna be due to loose coils is doing yourself and the
customer a service. Running through a set of coils takes maybe 5 minutes and
is well worth the time...if you haven't lifted/tapped coils on a new
instrument or one that is just 'new' to you than perhaps you should give it a
 "Only you can prevent forest fires" :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)