Over 6' Tall Upright

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:09:44 -0500

Hey Bob,
Maybe the guy was short!
Have a great day!
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Technical Director/Piano Technician
Department of Music
106 Fine Arts Building
University of Tennessee at Martin
731/587-1152
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bob Hull=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 8:53 PM
  Subject: Over 6' Tall Upright

  We were watching an old Judy Garland movie, Harvey Girls, I think was t=
he title.  In the movie there was a beautiful, ornate upright that was ta=
ller than the man playing it - when he stood up.  It looked like it was m=
aybe 6' 6".  It had a cupid type figure painted on the front panel.  I wo=
nder if the strings were really that long  or if the case was just that t=
all.

  Has anyone else seen this piano or one like it?

  If the strings were that long, it would have to have had about 2 or 3 f=
oot long stickers to have the hammers reach a strike point!

  Bob