Big Bushings/Ric

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:48:13 -0700

Ric,
Your Quote: "I have yet to see a piano with tuning pin bushings that really
sit tight. Some better then others for sure... but seems like sooner or
later they will move. And one way or another... I think any wood bushing
will end up more like the squishy/deformation type then an open faced
pinblock"

That's because you are using end-grain plate bushings incorrectly. The plate
bushings should be cross-grain, as it was originally intended, i.e. Kimball
type. These can be made, quite easily, out of scrap pinblock material. They
work!<G>(as original intent-Del!)(inside joke)<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I