Big Bushings/Ron Nossaman

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:12:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 1:26 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Big Bushings/Ron Nossaman

Ron,
I've done a couple of these Kimball types. And yes, I made the plate
bushings out of scrap pinblock material. The specifics are: 1. lay out the
drilling pattern, so that you get maximum use of the material. 2. Drill the
"pin holes", first.

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I

Joe
After you finished with step 2, place a scrap piece under your stock and
clamp it to the table.  Now redrill one pin hole throught the stock and
partly into the scrap.  Remove the stock, install and glue a short dowel of
appropriate size into the scrap. It is an easy matter to center the pin
holes under the plug cutter by placing the stock onto the index pin.
Continue the process as described.

Paul C