What matters most?

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:10:24 -0400 (EDT)

Richard Brekne wrote:
>Hmmm... are you sure moving the knuckle to yeild same SWR will >bring the
>hammers velocity and distance back to the same for same key >front travel
>?? How did you figure this ? Curious.

No not sure.  But I would hope action ratio and SWR
are at least related.  Once you start moving knuckles,
friction, compression, flexing, and those sorts of
things are probably more significant than whether you
move a wippen an extra .1 mm anyway.

Anyway, I have convinced myself that key, wippen
and  hammer acceleration cannot be taken as a simple
sum of inertias per my example.  Another spherical cow
slain.

-Mark