Compression Question

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:27:51 +0200

Hi folks.

Been scratching my head a bit pondering the last bit of input Del was
kind enough to provide and wanted to make sure I understood one
particular point clearly. Dont know how else to put it so I will ask it
in the following manner..

If you take an unribbed panel, and dry it out to the extremes of 4% MC,
and then constrain its dimensions at that so that it is not allowed to
expand either outwards, or upwards or in any fashion and bring the MC up
to 13 % the panel will get pretty severely compressed... yes ?... ok..
If you allow this to sit over enough time that if in releasing the
constraints the panel simply retains the dimensions it had under
constrainment.... then what happens to the size of this panel  if you
dry it down to 4 % again ?

Thanks

RicB

--