Compression Question

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:27:17 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >I suppose this means that the cells would be even tighter
> >pulled together as origionally they were when first dried out to the same EMC.
>
> Not pulled together - crushed, compressed, deformed, compacted. Very simple.

So... lets  see here... they are pulled together to the same degree... but because
they are compressed (as in severly) to begin with, this results in cells that take
up even less space then they did when the panel was origionally dried out. Ok...
Guess I'm getting hung up on why and how  the compressed, crushed, weakened ??
cells still have the "strength",  as it were to shrink in. I mean ok.. I see it in
front of my eyes... tho I dont really understand the mechanism fully.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.