job invoices?

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:48:09 -0400

Hi Terry,

I've designed my own 8x11 invoices on Microsoft Publisher.  It has
gradually evolved from something with a logo and a few lines into what I
currently use.  It is a receipt, and it doubles as an evaluation form.
On it are listed most of the items that may concern a technician on a
service call:  pitch/tuning, action, trapwork/pedals, and so on.  There
is a column in which I can note problems, and a column that lists work
completed.

At the bottom of this form is a box that lists my fees.  This includes
my rates for a basic service call, pitch raise, hourly rates after 1 1/2
hours in the home, appraisal, job estimate, shop work, no-show fee, and
weekend/after hours charges.  I try not to leave a whole lot of gray
area.

I get them printed at a local print shop in duplicate, and I have them
numbered for reference purposes.  It has worked out quite well.  I've
had several comments about the "professional" look of it.
Unfortunately, this often impresses our customers more than the work we
do...:-(

Dave Stahl

            Dave

            I've used the PTG invoices for years but I've

been considering making my own as you have. If it's not proprietary
could you post a copy of your invoice---?

            Thanks

            Tom Driscoll