Yamaha damper tray flange screws

Rob G. rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:14:02 -0700

Hello,

Is there a trick of some kind to tighten Yamaha damper tray flange =
screws without taking all of the dampers out?  For whatever reason some =
stoned engineer put the flange screw behind the flange itself.  I had an =
older C-7 in a recording studio this morning that I had to prepare for a =
12:00 session with "Air Supply", (those who grew up in the 70's will =
certainly remember them).  There was a rattle in the tray and after a =
while of fiddling I came to the conclusion that the center damper tray =
flange screw was loose.  After 30 minutes with the aid of a long and =
narrow screwdriver standing on my head with a 60 watt light bulb in my =
face I was finally able to partly force it in from the side and tighten =
but the whole experience was ridiculous.  My assessment was correct =
however and the rattle did stop.  Am I missing something here or is =
there actually a practical way to do this?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV