Black Holes in Pianos

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:00:15 -0500

At 20:05 08/29/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Probably rolled under the plate.
>
>David Love
><mailto:davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>davidlovepianos@earthlink.net
>

>Dropped the little stylus doohickey from my iPAQ  through the strings (5th
>octave) on an old Chickering quarter grand.
>
>Alan R. Barnard
>Salem, MO

Plates are great for storing small things.  A Baldwin SD6 I have at the
college hid an aliquot bar for years, until I finally put it on it's side
to move it.   I had to rock it a little on the dolly before I heard that
little brass bar make it's way down the long bridge and out to the flat
side of the rim.

I hope you don't have to put that 1/4 grand on it's side, but at least it's
a LOT lighter than an SD6.
;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;