Yamaha gold?

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:29:43 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/2003 11:20:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
roger.j@sasktel.net writes:

> Subj: Re: Yamaha gold?
>  Date: 8/29/2003 11:20:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:roger.j@sasktel.net">roger.j@sasktel.net</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

>     Rodger

           That still seems like a ton of money for hammers and shanks.
Frankly I don't get it. With so many different types of hammers and shanks
available what makes this product worth so much?Is it that ther being sold thru Scaff
these days as opposed to, in the olden days buying direct thru Yamaha .I used
to be able to buyYamaha shanks for I think 85$ bucks and the whole thing
mounted for less than300.00. Ok it was a while back but still. What do the hammers
separately cost or is it not worth doing it that way?
   Dale