Mold on bridge.

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:15:10 -0500

I don't know about harming the strings, but common household bleach is
deadly to mold and removes the discoloration, too.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Oliver Snelson
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 11:59 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Mold on bridge.

I have an old grand showing a bit of mold on both bridges. Piano is
strung and string are not showing rust. Yet! I did a test with denatured
alcohol on a small section, which removed the visible, and the mold
hasn't come back. Any other suggestions for something that will kill the
mold and not harm the strings? Rich Snelson

---