Tuning pin bushings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:08:05 -0500

>Before I try to get bushings from Australia, would anyone disagree with my
>conclusion?
>
>Dave Bunch

I find that the holes in the webbing are often pretty sharp edged, and tend
to shear the sides off of bushings as you try to drive them. I find a touch
with a countersink to chamfer the edge of the holes will allow a bushing
that is clearly too large to fit, to be driven in as the beveled edge
guides and compresses it into the hole. I have no idea how they got the
darned things to go in when the piano was built. Maybe they dried them down
to zilch MC% before inserting them.

Ron N