Mother in Law of All Cutoff Bars

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:51:34 -0500

Re: Mother in Law of All Cutoff BarsHi,
I have copies of a book called, "Piano Tone Building" published by the =
PTG long ago and a book by Dolge called, "Pianos and their Makers," =
written early in the 1900's and various other reading I scavenge for.
James Grebe ,=20
 Piano Tuner-Technician, Wood Artisan    =20
new website WWW.JamesGrebe.com

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phillip Ford=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:32 AM
  Subject: Re: Mother in Law of All Cutoff Bars

    Hi Phil,
    During the last part of George Steck's life his obsession was to =
design a piano that would hold tune almost indefinitely.  He tried a lot =
of things including  radically heavy bracing and attaching the plate to =
the structure every place he thought it would help.  Too bad he did not =
live longer.
    Jim
    James Grebe ,
     Piano Tuner-Technician, Wood Artisan   =20

  Jim,

  How do you come by your knowledge of George Steck?

  Phil Ford