Baldwin Parts

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 07:21:57 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of George Takats
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 8:29 PM
To: Pianotek
Subject: Baldwin Parts

Hello colleague,
Twenty years ago I had to change the back-check leather or buckskin on a
Baldwin, Hamilton piano.  At that time the parts were free supplied by
Baldwin.  Now I need the felt under the abstract.  Since Baldwin is out
of business how can I obtain that felt enough for all 88 keys?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
George

            George,

            As you have read from the previous posts, Baldwin is still
here. My suggestion however is to order from Schaff or Pianotek.

First, this is not a warrantee issue on a piano this old. Baldwin has
issued replacement material for some non warranty problems ( case in
point the much discussed corfam material.) but this sounds like normal
wear and I would be surprised if they would send what you need.

            The cloth you need-(Not felt by the way) is inexpensive from
the aforementioned suppliers, you'll have it in a few days and be ready
to rock.

            Tom Driscoll RPT