Rib dimensions

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:24:08 -0500

Just simply measure the product. I'm not sure what you mean beyond that. =
Pictures or whatever you care to share about your rib jig would always =
be appreciated. Thanks.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 4:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Rib dimensions

  At 04:40 PM 12/10/2003, you wrote:

    Hello,

    I'm trying to apply some science to my soundboard rib making and I =
am
    looking for "tables of static values for  the Resisting Moment (W) =
and the
    Moment of Inertia (I) for all the possible cross sections of =
sugarpine and
    spruce (DIN 1052 Class I will suffice).

    What is the formula for converting pounds/inch squared to kg/cm =
squared?

    Given a right angle connected to the outside of an arc of a circle, =
how do
    you prove the circle is 60'? (I made a jig for crowning ribs that is
    adjustable and I want to calibrate it.

  Jude,
          Sounds like a cool jig. Got any pictures?

    Thanks,

    Jude Reveley, RPT
  Greg Newell
  Greg's piano Fort=E9