longitudinal waves

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:57:06 +0100

Hi Stephane

A good place to start is the 5 lectures on Acoustics available on the
Sweedish PTA  website. This one has been up a few times before and has
been the subject of quite a bit of differeing opinion, for not to say
controversy.

I dont have the math yet to calculate them, but I suppose some around
do, but the fundemental runs roughly 10 time that of the transverse
fundmental if I remember right. They are to some degree controlable,
Conklin showed that... but its not quite as straightforward as it might
seem when first reading his stuff. Understanding how Longitudinal waves
move is fairly easy.. there is a lot of demonstrations on the nett. The
sound we hear is longitudinal waves moveing through the air.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne