Metric System/Del

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:23:53 -0800

Del said: "The only reason it makes no sense to you is because you refuse to
familiarize yourself with it and use it. Once you do you'll wonder why you
resisted so long."

Del,
Thanks for bringing me up short. My tirade was uncalled for. My apologies to
all.
Having said that, I should say I use metric, not because I want to, but
rather because I have to. It still makes no sense to me. The reason being,
that I'm an olde fart who learned the Machinist's Mearsuring System, in the
U.S. and it is the only thing that makes sense in my feeble, aged,
inflexible brain. Further, there are many, on this list, from Canada and
Europe who intersperse Imperial with Metric in a single post. What the hell
is that? If we, (collectively), are going to be true believers of the Metric
System, then we ALL need to quit using the Imperial completely. I believe
you too have been guilty of this faux pas. So, keep up your crusade and you
may get me to "think" metric, one of these days. (hmmm? maybe not.<G>) As
for the "Metric act of 197?" Who cares, that's political crap, IMO.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I