Adjusting wippen assist springs

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:29:22 +0100

Richard Brekne wrote:

> > Ric: Ok... drop a 20 pound lead on the key... now tell me ... is it the
> > leads velocity... or is it the leads inertia that will get things moving.
> >

> .....Ok... I see all of this... I'm not quite sure how this relates directly to
> the
> earlier discussion.... which had to do with showing that the lead became a load
> rather then an aid when it was accellerated past 9.8 m/sec ^2... but perhaps a
> few readings of this will make that clear.
>

> ......No doubt... :)... In anycase tweak 503 is going to have to be read a few
> times
> back and forth, and up and down before I am comfortable that I know for sure
> that I've understood you correctly.

Well... at least I got the basic theme straightened out.... I asked to drop a
bowling ball... and thats what I got :)

Still gots to read through a bit... I'm unacoustemed as it twere to thinking of all
this in terms of kinetic energy.... as perhaps many of us are. So... I have to drop
back and punt a few times before I can pick up the ball again.

This is great tho.. really. Lots to think upon.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne